Friday, October 18, 2013

More precious than rubies; Daughters of God


I've been thinking a lot about my youth and how hard it was sometimes. I grew up in a town that didn't have very many "LDS" kids my age. To be honest it was really hard. I fell to temptation sometimes but learned how to pick myself back up. I want all the girls in this world to know that you don't have to be someone else other than yourself to be accepted.



 
 
 
 
I know its hard sometimes to be surrounded by so many "things" of the world. There are so many different people telling us who we need to be, what we need to do, and what we need to look like. Let me tell you something I learned later than I hoped, YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF GOD. You are beautiful the way you are! You have a loving Heavenly Father who knows what you go through and made you (physically and spiritually) the way you are for a purpose. He doesn't want you to give into temptation because it will make you more popular or fit in with others. We all have weaknesses and will fall sometimes but we have a loving Heavenly Father who is there to forgive us and to strengthen us.

One of the 12 Apostles in the church said:
"In this same vein may I address an even more sensitive subject. I plead with you young women to please be more accepting of yourselves, including your body shape and style, with a little less longing to look like someone else. We are all different. Some are tall, and some are short. Some are round, and some are thin. And almost everyone at some time or other wants to be something they are not! But as one adviser to teenage girls said: “You can’t live your life worrying that the world is staring at you. When you let people’s opinions make you self-conscious you give away your power. … The key to feeling [confident] is to always listen to your inner self—[the real you.]”   And in the kingdom of God, the real you is “more precious than rubies.”   

Coming from a big sister point of view, I just want all my little sisters out there to know that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! You can be yourself, and if people don't accept you for who you truly are then they weren't your true friends anyway. Be strong and stand up for what you believe in and what you stand for. I was told once by a wise woman that "A girl without courage is like a night without stars." Be that shining star to others.

When you look in the mirror try and see what Heavenly Father sees you as. Let your light shine my dear sisters! Don't let boys, peer pressure, or anything take any light away from you. When you do make a mistake, take the blame, repent, and move on and don't do it again! Remember your goals and work towards them!

You are loved more than you know..I know sometimes it doesn't seem that way but it's true.

Remember who you are and be proud of it.

My sister sang this song a while back but I loved it so much I cried because it made me realize how I needed to love myself just as Heavenly Father loves me.
 
Oh how you shine..
You are filled with the Father's love,
you are worthy of His trust,
Oh what beautiful light,
Light keeper
 
Light keeper be strong..
Light keeper walk on through the night.
When all the world is telling you, you're not worth the fight
Hold onto your light,
Hold it tight...light keeper



 

No comments:

Post a Comment